A friend had a little problem some time ago and needed my advice on what to do. He and his wife had just packed into a new house and it was going to be their first winter in the house. Well, they experienced a lot of condensation on the windows every night and the general humidity in the home was really high. Furthermore, he noticed that there was some sort of fungi growing on the window frames and knowing what damage these could cause, he was understandably concerned. After talking to him I recommended the DeLonghi DEM 10 compact dehumidifier. That was over two years ago and he tells me that the model is still working fine as it was the first day he used it and he has not experienced the problem even in the harshest of winters. Want to know why the DEM 10 comes highly recommended? Consider the following.
Powerful Dehumidifying Function
The DEM 10 is an extremely efficient dehumidifier and its effects would be seen in the home right from the first day you start using it. It has an inbuilt capacity of removing up to 10 litres or 18 pints of water from your home every single day. DeLonghi definitely did their homework well with this model and if you live in an area prone to high humidity like London and other parts of the UK, you’ll find this dehumidifier a valuable home appliance. The effects will even be seen better in small apartments because the DEM 10’S compact design suits such homes where space comes at a premium.
Cost Effective Operation
One of the first things you should look for in an electronic dehumidifier is whether it has a humidistat or not—except you have an electricity generating plant in your home! Dehumidifier models that have humidistat built into them are more cost effective. The humidistat regulates the dehumidifier’s operation so that it’s only switched on intermittently. The DeLonghi DEM 10 compact dehumidifier is equipped with a humidistat so that when the humidity has reached your desired level, the unit switches off to save energy. If the humidity should rise or fall below the desired level however, it automatically springs back to life to return it to the desired level. With this operation, your electricity bill won’t hit the roof.
- Compactness: the DeLonghi DEM 10 is very compact and doesn’t take up much space in the house. It measure just 42cm high and also comes designed with a handle which makes it easy to move the unit around.
- Quiet Operation: The DEM 10 operates noiselessly and you can actually leave it on whetehre you are working or sleeping without any disturbance. The only produces a humming sound similar to your average oscillating table fan.
- Versatility: The DEM 10 is quite versatile because apart from its dehumidifying function, it can also be used for drying your clothes. Furthermore, it uses R134a, an ecological gas that makes it collect demineralized water that can be reused for instance in steam irons.
- User-friendliness: The control panel is mounted on the top of the unit and the buttons are straightforward and easy to use. It also has a protective cover for extra safety.
- Tank Control System: This automatically shuts off the tank when the 2-litre capacity has been reached. It also comes with an anti-frost control setting, a drain facility and a dust filter.
The DEM 10 is only efficient in small homes and if you live in a large apartment, you should probably go for a model with a larger capacity. However, for a one or two bedroom apartment, the humidifier works just fine. Some people have complained about the 2-litre tank which you have to empty like every other day. Well, this could be good exercise but if you are the lazy type then you should consider fitting the permanent drain facility that comes with the package.
The DeLonghi DEM 10 compact dehumidifier definitely gives good value for money and you won’t regret purchasing this unit, after all it’s a DeLonghi. Furthermore, the unit comes with a 2-year warranty so there’s really nothing to lose.